We've been busy with school and work, but there's not much to report on that end other than we're ready for summer if for only a break. We won't dwell on that, either. Some things we DID do in our leisure time:
- We started filling out a family tree.
- We got a new license plate.
- We went to a rock show (for free), thanks to a thoughtful friend.
- We went to the temple.
- We went to a St. Patrick's Day party and ate (too much) green dessert whilst enjoying live (and authentic) Celtic music. (We brought green marble squares.)
- Thomas began growing a beard after being selected as an extra for a Church film project on the New Testament.
- We had some friends from the ward over for Family Home Evening, where we recorded some of their songs (photos pending).
- We celebrated Lisa's birthday with dinner and a movie.
- We bought some books, including a 9-book box set of The Little House on the Prairie in mint condition and an illustrated Pilgrim's Progress.
- We went to an Emergency Preparedness Fair sponsored by our stake.
- We celebrated our anniversary!
- We had far too much sugar (PiM's (real and homemade (thanks, Liz!)), the aforementioned marble squares, cookies (thanks, home teachees), bran applesauce muffins, year-old wedding cake (thanks, Camille), ice cream (it was too cheap to NOT buy), brownies and blondies (for FHE)...), but Lisa's been running it off.
|Some fossil displays.|
|"Watermelon" rocks (Ruby Zoisite)|
|"Mammoth teeth slices"...anyone understand what that means?|
|The kids liked "Mr. Bones", but I hope the wheelchair lady can get away...|
|Tired but happy...|
|Lisa and some of her spoils.|
|Some of the booths at the fair.|
|Old wedding cake!|
|Enjoying homemade PiM's from the Vakalalas!|