|This is what we woke up to on Sunday...|
|At last Tuesday's music devotional|
The key lesson to learn in emergency preparedness and self-reliance is that should you and your family encounter an emergency, if you have prepared yourselves emotionally and physically for it, you will be ready not only to take care of yourselves and your situation, but also to assist others in your area. Also, even if you are not affected by an emergency yourself, you could have the means to help people who have been displaced by natural or other disasters.
Provo has a program called CERT that we are thinking of getting involved in this summer. "By using the training learned through CERT training, new members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help." We think it looks like a great way to get involved in the community and become more valuable citizens. If anyone is interested in doing this with us, let us know. I think there is a $40 fee to purchase a backpack/hardhat/other gear for it.
|A little robin we saw on our walk yesterday|
- we can make Christ the centerpiece of our lives by keeping the Sabbath holy
- we can measure how we are doing in following Christ by 1) how loving we are and 2) by making and keeping covenants
- Christ chose to suffer (atoning for our sins and pains) so that He could understand us; perhaps we must endure hard times so we can better understand him
- our faith now becomes part of our posterity's faith later
- "Preach the Gospel at all times; and, if necessary, use words"
- it seems like some trials we face are "laser-guided" at our weakest areas, but this will only make us stronger
- "Be kind to the poor"
- rejoice at opportunities to serve
- revelation has properties similar to light
- COME TO THE TEMPLE
- marriage helps us overcome selfishness
- accept correction of God so we can become what He intends
- PAY YOUR TITHING!
- focus on BEING not just doing
- the Atonement of Christ is real, we just need to apply it to our lives
- salvation only comes through Christ
- be good citizens & neighbors by living with honesty and integrity!
Did you have a favorite talk? Let us know in a comment after you scroll down for some pictures!
|Cinnamon rolls made Sunday morning conference even Sweeter!|
|Between Sessions we took a Stroll in the Snow|
|We Saw Signs of Spring|
|And Snow on the Summit|
|...And So on...|
|...and So on!|
|Recent photo of the Provo Tabernacle #1|